|6 Simple Ways To Turn My Life On.|
Photo by Mirtch Guisona
*This is my entry piece for a #FoxLifeAsia Contest.
|Photo by Mirtch Guisona|
2. Find meaning and purpose to ones existence. It has been said by Myles Munroe that the greatest tragedy in life is not death but life without a purpose. To know ones purpose is to know why we live and why we exist. According to Ed Diener's extensive research on the science of well-being, people with a strong sense of purpose are better able to handle the ups and downs of life. Purpose gives more meaning to life, thus whatever the difficulties and storms that the person may go through in his lifetime, a strong sense of purpose will give him the necessary strength to withstand and overcome the trials.
3. Learn to love reading. The great Plato once said, "Books give a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything". Aside from the fact that reading does help you to become the better you, reading will expose you to a world of imagination, showing you nothing is impossible in this world that you can achieve anything you desire. Reading can hasten your success towards a goal. It's like a mountain of gems filled with the stories of people's successes and wisdom nuggets.
4. Set SMART goals. SMART is the acronym for Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Time-bounded goals. When a person is devoid with proper vision and SMART goal setting, he will most likely wanders around bereft with aim and purpose. Set goals that are SMART and something that excite you at the same time. It'll make life more meaningful and enjoyable! (E.g. Watching Miss Universe 'LIVE' in Las Vegas this year!)
5. Learn new skill. It is essential to try and discover new things to learn, go out of the box and push yourself out of your comfort zone. Aside from the fact that learning new skill can help you grow to become a better you, it can also be an opportunity to try new experiences that might be the best ones that could turn your life on. You might also have the chance to meet new people with the same interests, thus improving your social life.
6. Discover new places. As what the old adage says, travel brings power and love back to life. Travel means discovering new places and experiencing new things which could somehow give you some energy booster to live life more. Travel will also open new opportunities to meet people who don't know the encyclopedia of your past. It reinforces your willingness to broaden your horizons, to get unstuck and to move in new directions. Personally, this is what I would like to achieve this year as well as in the years to come. If lucky enough to win a trip to watch Miss Universe 2017 'live' in Las Vegas, it'll be one of the most wonderful gifts I may receive before the year ends.
7. Have faith in oneself and trust God. And lastly, trust the One above who is the Author of every good and perfect gift. He who is the Creator of this vast universe, has the immense power to transform you into a better you (only if you are willing) and help your life get back on track. He has a beautiful promise in the book of Jeremiah 29:11 that says, "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." This is what I always hold dear to my heart which keeps me going to move forward and turn my life on with hope amidst life uncertainties.