|Filipinas in Gold Pageants (left to right): Rachel Peters (Miss Universe 2017), Karen Ibasco (Miss Earth 2017) and Mariel de Leon (Miss International 2017)|
As we all know by now, November is the most exciting month of the year (well, at least for pageant aficionados like me) since the world's most celebrated beauty derbies' coronation finale will be happening in the same month. Miss Earth on November 4th, Miss International on November 14th and Miss Universe on November 26th.
This year's Filipina delegates have all been stepping up their preparations with the hope to continue the excellent legacy which their predecessors have left behind.
Now, what do you think will be the destiny that awaits our Pinay beauties in their respective beauty battles?
Will tremendous blessings be poured splendidly again for the Pearl of the Orient Seas?
Gold Pageants : Miss Universe - Miss Earth - Miss International
1. Rachel Peters for Miss Universe 2017 in Las Vegas, USA (November 26). Rachel's challenge is to achieve an eight-year consecutive, uninterrupted winning streak for the Philippines. I am quite confident that given Rachel's sterling qualities, penetrating the Top 5 is highly feasible. Winning the country's 4th Miss Universe crown is also not impossible for this Fil-Brit stunner.
2. Karen Ibasco for Miss Earth 2017 in Manila, Philippines (November 4). Last year, the country was unplaced. This time, we have a very competitive and intelligent delegate in the person of Karen Ibasco. She might successfully crack through the Top 16 but winning the crown is far-fetched as she will be up against a handful of statuesque, brilliant delegates in this year's edition.
3. Mariel de Leon for Miss International 2017 in Tokyo, Japan (November 14). The Philippines is enjoying a total of six Miss International crowns with our own Filipina beauty, Kylie Verzosa currently at the helm of the throne. I seriously doubt, Mariel can score a back-to-back win. The recent patterns would tell us that the delegate/s of the reigning country went home empty-handed. So for Mariel, prepare your heart for the impending loss.
Silver Pageants : Miss World - Miss Supranational - Miss Grand
4. Laura Lehmann for Miss World 2017 in Sanya, China (November 18). We all know how 'controversial' Miss World is. With what happened last year and in the previous years, I have lost interest in this pageant. This pageant has an unpleasant reputation of being allegedly 'rigged'. So a huge good luck to Laura in her quest to win Julia Morley's pageant.
5. Chanel Thomas for Miss Supranational 2017 in Krynica Zdroj, Poland (December 1). This pageant became popular when Mutya Datul won the crown. The show is fabulous but the pageant lacks substance as it doesn't have a clear advocacy and purpose. I am not quite sure though how Chanel would fare in this pageant but I am so certain that if Chanel will get hold of the mic and speaks, Chanel can sway the judges' hearts in her favor.
6. Elizabeth Clenci for Miss Grand 2017 in Vietnam (October 25). Classy Clenci has been making waves in this Thailand-based pageant. Pageant enthusiasts have high hopes that the Philippines will finally clinch the crown this time after Nicole Cordoves placed First Runner-Up last year. Since Miss Grand debuted in 2013, Philippines had been enjoying four Top 5 placements.
3. Bronze Pageants : Miss Tourism - Miss Globe - Miss Intercontinental
7. Jannie Alipo-on for Miss Tourism 2017 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (December 6). The Philippines has the most number of wins in this particular tourism pageant. The country first won in 2000 with a back-t0-back in 2012 and 2013. Will Jannie win the fourth crown?
8. Nelda Ibe for Miss Globe 2017 in Tirana, Albania (November 3). I've got a feeling that Nelda Ibe will clinch the second Miss Globe crown for the Philippines. Nelda is just too gorgeous and hot for the pageant!
9. Katarina Rodriguez for Miss Intercontinental 2017 in Colombo, Sri Lanka (December 21). Just like Nelda Ibe in Miss Globe 2017, Katarina will have a brighter chance to win the country's first Miss Intercontinental crown (barring politics). Katarina is the answer so this pageant can at least lift up its less popular brand.